The toughening lehrs are designed in modules, all at a length of 2,25 m. Pennekamp has implemented many engineering details in order to increase performance and output at minimized energy consumptions.
- Belt width of up to 3,0m
- Gas or electrical heating (radiation or convection)
- All heated zones are manufactured from heat resistant stainless steel / ceramics, incl. inner hoods as well as circulation fans and transport medium (belt or rolls).
- Fully insolated lehr (all tunnel zones) with approx. 50mm of ceramic fiber and 300mm mineral wool)
- Air circulation fan with direct shaft, no V-belt (maintenance free)
- Chiller / Blow box system (shock cooling system with nozzle-type air outlet openings) in connection with the corresponding high performance fans
- Automatic process control for the control and monitoring of temperatures
- Electronic control of the internal air movements (draft system) to minimize the energy consumption (air in- and outlet dampers)
- Optimal temperature distribution across lehr width
- Optional differential heating
- Optional cooling system on discharge table
- Communication link to lehr loading system